|Welcome to the Website for Music on the Strands DJ Entertainment. We provide music and innovative Disc Jockey Entertainment for every occasion, along the Grand Strand and throughout North and South Carolina.|
Check Your Date Instantly
|No engagement is too large or too small. Whether you're gathering is for 20, 200, or 2,000a wedding celebration, an intimate private party, an elegant awards banquet or a full-scale national convention, we are ready to go the extra mile to assure your event is a complete success.|
An old adage states, "Anything worth doing is worth doing well." We're in the DJ business! It's what we do, and we dedicate ourselves 100% to doing it well. After visiting our site, please feel free to contact us at your convenience for an informative consultation.
Music on the Strand's DJ ENTERTAINMENT. There IS a difference.
Click On a Date to View Some Top Hits from That Year
|1. Too Close, Next |
2. The Boy Is Mine, Brandy & Monica
3. You're Still The One, Shania Twain
4. Truly Madly Deeply, Savage Garden
5. How Do I Live, LeAnn Rimes
6. Together Again, Janet
7. All My Life, K-Ci & JoJo
8. Candle In The Wind 1997, Elton John
9. Nice & Slow, Usher
10. I Don't Want To Wait, Paula Cole
11. How's It Going To Be, Third Eye Blind
12. No, No, No, Destiny's Child
13. My Heart Will Go On, Celine Dion
14. Gettin' Jiggy Wit it, Will Smith
15. You Make Me Wanna..., Usher
16. My Way, Usher
17. My All, Mariah Carey
18. The First Night, Monica
19. Been Around The World, Puff Daddy & The Family
20. Adia, Sarah McLachlan
21. Crush, Jennifer Paige
22. Everybody (Backstreet's Back), Backstreet Boys
23. I Don't Want To Miss A Thing, Aerosmith
24. Body Bumpin Yippie-Yi-Yo, Public Announcement
25. This Kiss, Faith Hill
26. I Don't Ever Want To See You Again, Uncle Sam
27. Let's Ride, Montell Jordan
28. Sex And Candy, Marcy Playground
29. Show Me Love, Robyn
30. A Song For Mama, Boyz II Men
31. What You Want, Mase
32. Frozen, Madonna
33. Gone Till November, Wyclef Jean
34. My Body, Lsg
35. Tubthumping, Chumbawamba
36. Deja Vu (Uptown Baby), Lord Tariq & Peter Gunz
37. I Want You Back, 'N Sync
38. When The Lights Go Out, Five
39. They Don't Know, Jon B.
40. Make Em' Say Uhh!, Master P
41. Make It Hot, Nicole Featuring Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott & Mocha
42. Never Eve, All Saints
43. I Get Lonely, Janet
44. Feel So Good, Mase
45. Say It, Voices Of Theory
46. Kiss The Rain, Billie Myers
47. Come With Me, Puff Daddy
48. Romeo And Juliet, Sylk-E Fyne
49. It's All About Me, Mya & Sisqo
50. I Will Come To You, Hanson
51. One Week, Barenaked Ladies
52. Swing My Way, K.P. & Envyi
53. The Arms Of The One Who Loves You, Xscape
54. My Love Is The Shhh!, Somethin' For The People
55. Daydreamin', Tatyana Ali
56. We're Not Making Love No More, Dru Hill
57. Semi-Charmed Life, Third Eye Blind
58. I Do, Lisa Loeb
59. Lookin' At Me, Mase
60. Looking Through Your Eyes, LeAnn Rimes
61. Lately, Divine
62. Quit Playing Games (With My Heart), Backstreet Boys
63. I Still Love You, Next
64. Time After Time, Inoj
65. Are You Jimmy Ray?, Jimmy Ray
66. Cruel Summer, Ace Of Base
67. I Got The Hook Up!, Master P
68. Victory, Puff Daddy & The Family
69. Too Much, Spice Girls
70. Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are), Pras Feat. Ol' Dirty Bastard & Mya
71. How Deep Is Your Love, Dru Hill Featuring Redman
72. Friend Of Mine, Kelly Price
73. Turn It Up [Remix] / Fire It Up, Busta Rhymes
74. I'll Be, Edwin McCain
75. Ray Of Light, Madonna
76. All For You, Sister Hazel
77. Touch It, Monifah
78. Money, Power & Respect, Lox
79. Bitter Sweet Symphony, The Verve
80. Dangerous, Busta Rhymes
81. Spice Up Your Life, Spice Girls
82. Because Of You, 98 Degrees
83. The Mummers' Dance, Loreena McKennitt
84. All Cried Out, Allure Featuring 112
85. Still Not A Player, Big Punisher Featuring Joe
86. The One I Gave My Heart To, Aaliyah
87. Foolish Games / You Were Meant For Me, Jewel
88. Love You Down, Inoj
89. Do For Love, 2Pac
90. Raise The Roof, Luke
91. Heaven, Nu Flavor
92. The Party Continues, Jd
93. Sock It 2 Me, Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott Featuring Da Brat
94. Butta Love, Next
95. A Rose Is Still A Rose, Aretha Franklin
96. 4 Seasons Of Loneliness, Boyz II Men
97. Father, LL Cool J
98. Thinkin' Bout It, Gerald Levert
99. Nobody's Supposed To Be Here, Deborah Cox
100. Westside, TQ
How To Hire a DJ in Wilmington, NC
Adapted from “Wedding How To” (weddinghowto.com) by Dave Garrett, used by permission.
When you start thinking about a DJ for your event in the Wilmington, NC area, remember there is more to it than just hiring someone who has equipment and some music.
One of the most puzzling things you will notice is the great disparity of pricing from one DJ service in Wilmington, NC to the next. However, we suggest that you leave the question about price for last. First you need to find out what makes the DJ worth their fee and there are many differences in what they provide. Remember, your entertainment can make or break your event. While it may be attractive to shop for a DJ in the Wilmington, NC area by price, just as with every other service vendor, price alone is not the definitive factor in this decision. All DJ services in and around Wilmington, NC are not equal. Ask these questions in order:
Are you available for my date?
Do you provide a written contract?
How many playing hours are included?
Is set up time and travel to and from the Wilmington, NC venue included?
How early do you arrive to set up?
Do you charge by the hour or do you have a package?
Is there an extra charge for additional hours?
Can you explain how you conduct the evening?
Do you provide an event planner? Is it available on-line?
What do you wear?
Do you do the announcements? Are you the Emcee?
Are you open to requests? From us? From the guests?
How large is your music collection and is it varied?
How do we pick our music for the event?
Is a wireless mic for speeches included?
Is basic dance lighting included in the price?
How long have you been in business?
How many events have you done?
Are you the DJ who will be at the reception?
What type of equipment do you have? (Discuss with them if it's professional equipment)
Do you bring back up equipment?
How much is your deposit/retainer?
What is the total price for the package?
Are there any additional charges?
How is payment arranged?
Remember, there is a lot of prep work that should be done prior to the event by the DJ. He/she should be able to explain what they will do for you in advance to ensure the success of the event. This includes providing a planner, sample format of how the evening will go, a tentative timeline, making sure they have the music you want and more. Advance preparation is what a professional DJ does as part of their service.
A true professional DJ will spend a minimum of 10-20 hours or more preparing for a special event. This includes going over your plans (consultations), music purchasing and editing, setting up and tearing down equipment, working with other vendors, etc. In other words, what you are paying for is more than just a body playing music!
Music however, is a very important element at your event. You have thought about the music you would like and probably imagined the evening as you would like it to be. (Please check out our online music database. If the DJ does not have a sufficient music library, you may find your guests won't be on the dance floor as much as you would like. A budget DJ simply has not invested the amount of money necessary to provide you with a first class selection of music. At a minimum, 5,000 songs is a necessity today for a professional, and most importantly, along with having the song titles, your DJ should be familiar with a variety of music genres, AND most importantly, should know how to program the music for your event in accordance with what YOU want to take place (what to play, and when to play it!).
As the guests begin to arrive and enjoy cocktails and as they enjoy their meals it is nice to have quiet background music playing. Whenever there are addresses or presentations, a wireless microphone is a necessity. A wireless microphone allows each speaker to be more relaxed and comfortable and make their speech where they are and a wireless microphone reaches places a standard microphone cannot. A professional DJ should never charge extra to bring or use a wireless mic. Today, it should be a standard part of his equipment setup.
After you book a DJ, you will need to reach them. Knowing they are available full-time without additional costs to you is comforting. Also, having a toll-free telephone number could save you quite a bit of money. A well designed website may provide extra benefits such as the newest included perk, an on-line planner and even their music library.
Finally, Listen to the DJ as they speak. Does he/she have a pleasing voice and personality? Remember, what you hear on the phone will be twice as good or bad when amplified on a sound system. Make sure the person you are talking to is the one that will do the event in Wilmington, NC. If they try to pawn you off on one of their employees, ask to speak to the DJ who will be doing the reception. Never, ever accept someone you have never talked to. Remember, having confidence in WHO you hire is of prime importance in all your planning. As with all things in life, quality and professionalism is priceless.
|Wilmington, NCs oldest DJ company and Wilmington, NCs largest DJ source for every occasion providing: Wilmington, NC area Wedding DJs, Wilmington, NC Prom DJs, Wilmington, NC Mitzvah DJs, Wilmington, NC DJ Game Shows, Wilmington, NC Area Theme Party DJs, and DJ Entertainment for a Corporate meeting, Reunion, Festival, Picnic, Fraternity Party, and School Dance in the Wilmington, NC Area.|
HOME, Site Map, Why Us, DJ Shopping, DJ/MCs, Dr. G's DJ Show, Pat Taylor, Joe Durivage, Tom Baldwin, Wally B, Paul Matthews, Conventions, Interactive Fun, Dance Routines, Party Games, Game Shows, Setting the Stage, Buffet Line, Lighting, Party Props, Myrtle Beach DJs, Weddings, Wedding Gateway, Wedding Questions, Wedding References, Wedding Music, Wedding Cost Comparisons, 3 Tiers of Wedding Entertainment, Wedding DJ, Wedding DJ/MC, Entertainment Direction, Wedding Articles, Theme Parties, Sock Hop, Luau, Disco, Holiday, Reunions, Party Store, Proms, Number 1, Prom Sound, Prom Music, Prom Lighting, Middle School, Team Building, Bar & Bat Mitzvahs, Pool Parties, Pool Activities, Poolside Entertainment, Pool Testimonies, Pool Party Pricing, Video, Blog, Music Database, Event Planners, Survey, Reservation, Links, Wedding Links, Resources, Pricing, Guarantee, Contact
Mixing Ability - North Myrtle Beach DJ, Lighting & Effects - Murrells Inlet DJ, Backup Disc Jockeys - Pawleys Island DJ, Backup Equipment - Georgetown DJ, Quality Sound - Charleston DJ, Experience - Conway DJ, Planning & Preparation - Florence DJ, Programming Judgement - Columbia DJ, Value - Calabash DJ, Musical Knowledge - Ocean Isle Beach DJ, Motivating Skills - Wilmington, DJ, Liability Insurance - Jacksonville, NC DJ, Staging Knowledge - Fayetteville DJ