Click On a Date to View Some Top Hits from That Year
|1. When Doves Cry, Prince |
2. What's Love Got To Do With It, Tina Turner
3. Say Say Say, Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson
4. Footloose, Kenny Loggins
5. Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now), Phil Collins
6. Jump, Van Halen
7. Hello, Lionel Richie
8. Owner Of A Lonely Heart, Yes
9. Ghostbusters, Ray Parker Jr.
10. Karma Chameleon, Culture Club
11. Missing You, John Waite
12. All Night Long (All Night), Lionel Richie
13. Let's Hear It For The Boy, Deniece Williams
14. Dancing In The Dark, Bruce Springsteen
15. Girls Just Want To Have Fun, Cyndi Lauper
16. The Reflex, Duran Duran
17. Time After Time, Cyndi Lauper
18. Jump (For My Love), Pointer Sisters
19. Talking In Your Sleep, Romantics
20. Self Control, Laura Branigan
21. Let's Go Crazy, Prince & The Revolution
22. Say It Isn't So, Daryl Hall & John Oates
23. Hold Me Now, Thompson Twins
24. Joanna, Kool & The Gang
25. I Just Called To Say I Love You, Stevie Wonder
26. Somebody's Watching Me, Rockwell
27. Break My Stride, Matthew Wilder
28. 99 Luftballons, Nena
29. I Can Dream About You, Dan Hartman
30. The Glamorous Life, Sheila E.
31. Oh Sherrie, Steve Perry
32. Stuck On You, Lionel Richie
33. I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues, Elton John
34. She Bop, Cyndi Lauper
35. Borderline, Madonna
36. Sunglasses At Night, Corey Hart
37. Eyes Without A Face, Billy Idol
38. Here Comes The Rain Again, Eurythmics
39. Uptown Girl, Billy Joel
40. Sister Christian, Night Ranger
41. Drive, Cars
42. Twist Of Fate, Olivia Newton-John
43. Union Of The Snake, Duran Duran
44. The Heart Of Rock 'N' Roll, Huey Lewis & The News
45. Hard Habit To Break, Chicago
46. The Warrior, Scandal
47. If Ever You're In My Arms Again, Peabo Bryson
48. Automatic, Pointer Sisters
49. Let The Music Play, Shannon
50. To All The Girls I've Loved Before, Julio Iglesias & Willie Nelson
51. Caribbean Queen, Billy Ocean
52. That's All, Genesis
53. Running With The Night, Lionel Richie
54. Sad Songs (Say So Much), Elton John
55. I Want A New Drug, Huey Lewis & The News
56. Islands In The Stream, Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton
57. Love Is A Battlefield, Pat Benatar
58. Infatuation, Rod Stewart
59. Almost Paradise, Mike Reno & Ann Wilson
60. Legs, ZZ Top
61. State Of Shock, Jacksons
62. Love Somebody, Rick Springfield
63. Miss Me Blind, Culture Club
64. If This Is It, Huey Lewis & The News
65. You Might Think, Cars
66. Lucky Star, Madonna
67. Cover Me, Bruce Springsteen
68. Cum On Feel The Noize, Quiet Riot
69. Breakdance, Irene Cara
70. Adult Education, Daryl Hall & John Oates
71. They Don't Know, Tracy Ullman
72. An Innocent Man, Billy Joel
73. Cruel Summer, Bananarama
74. Dance Hall Days, Wang Chung
75. Give It Up, K.C.
76. I'm So Excited, Pointer Sisters
77. I Still Can't Get Over Loving You, Ray Parker Jr.
78. Thriller, Michael Jackson
79. Holiday, Madonna
80. Breakin'... There's No Stopping Us, Ollie And Jerry
81. Nobody Told Me, John Lennon
82. Church Of The Poison Mind, Culture Club
83. Think Of Laura, Christopher Cross
84. Time Will Reveal, Debarge
85. Wrapped Around Your Finger, Police
86. Pink Houses, John Cougar Mellencamp
87. Round And Round, Ratt
88. Head Over Heels, Go-Go's
89. The Longest Time, Billy Joel
90. Tonight, Kool & The Gang
91. Got A Hold On Me, Christine McVie
92. Dancing In The Sheets, Shalamar
93. Undercover Of The Night, Rolling Stones
94. On The Dark Side, John Cafferty & The Beaver Brown Band
95. New Moon On Monday, Duran Duran
96. Major Tom (Coming Home), Peter Schilling
97. Magic, Cars
98. When You Close Your Eyes, Night Ranger
99. Rock Me Tonite, Billy Squier
100. Yah Mo B There, James Ingram & Michael Mcdonald
25 Ways to Make Your Wedding a Unique One
Written by Ashley Rader - Moments of Elegance, Roselle, Illinois
If you’ve been to one wedding, you’ve seen it all. From the flowers and the candles to the dress and the music, the typical wedding can be as predictable and generic as your Uncle Leo’s dance moves. For your wedding to stand out, you need to involve your guests in the sentiment and process of the day. It’s not the cake or the great food that will be remembered, but all the little details that will make your wedding as unique and memorable for your guests as it will be for you. These 25 ideas on how to personalize your day will make it the event that will be talked about for years to come:
1. Write a welcome note for your out-of-town guests on postcards from the city your wedding takes place. It’s a nice personal touch that shows tremendous thought as well as a keepsake that can be saved with photos of the wedding.
2. Include an “About the Wedding Party” section in your programs or on the reception tables for your guests to learn more about the members of your bridal party. Not everyone will know that you and your Maid of Honor have been best friends since preschool.
3. Hang your dress on a pretty silk coat hanger the day of your wedding. People will be taking photographs of the dress before you put it on and you’d like to avoid having it on an old wire coat hanger.
4. Send your invitations to Loveville, Maryland first – they’ve developed special wedding postmarks that add a nice “love” touch to your envelope. Call 301-475-5243 for details.
5. Invite the President, Pope, and the Queen of England for a special wedding surprise. Be sure to send their invites out early.
6. If you’re planning on taking pictures prior to the ceremony, clear everyone out of the ceremony site and have your groom at the end of the aisle. Walk down the aisle, so it’s only the two of you. It’s a very sweet and special moment that you can share… and the pictures of the tears in his eyes will be priceless.
7. Place tissues or personalized embroidered handkerchiefs in the rows where family will be seated for their “tears of joy".
8. Write a letter to your mom and dad and have it waiting for them at their seat during the ceremony. It could be about anything: a thank you, how you hope your marriage turns out like theirs, your gratitude everything they have done for you, etc. They will be so touched and honored that you took the time to arrange for this and you’ll have them in tears before you begin to walk down the aisle!
9. Have each bridesmaid carry a bouquet made entirely of their favorite flower. Your bouquet will be a combination of all of their flowers.
10. Dress your flowergirl in a bright color rather than a replica of your dress so that the dress can be worn again.
11. Read your vows to candlelight. All your guests will receive a candle on their way into the ceremony. When it comes time for the vows, have your ushers or groomsmen go around and light the candle at the end of the row and let them “pass the flame.” It’s a nice romantic touch to a very sentimental and powerful moment.
12. For family members who have passed away or cannot physically be there with you, wear something of theirs so that they are with you. It could be a lapel pin tied to the ribbon of your bouquet, your great aunt’s pearls, or your grandmother’s handkerchief.
13. Pick a special ceremony start time, like 5:17 – the exact time he proposed to you.
14. Serve your cocktails from a “Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue” menu. Take recommendations from special people involved in the wedding for their favorite old/classic drink, a new/modern drink, a favorite borrowed unique drink recipe, and a blue cocktail. It’s a festive way to get the party started!
15. If an ice sculpture is a must have, go for a martini luge. It’s a great accent to every bar and it will certainly give your guests something to talk about!
16. Write special love quotes on the inside of everyone’s place cards.
17. Forget the clinking glasses and ringing bells. Have your guests sing loves songs to get you and your groom to smooch during the reception.
18. Have guests sign a tablecloth or guest book platter to be used at special dinners in the future in lieu of a guestbook.
19. Set small photo albums, notecards and a disposable camera at each table. Create a sign asking each guest to write some words of wisdom on the notecards and put the card into the photo album. Make sure they take a photo of everyone at the table. After the wedding you can combine the notecard on the same page as the photograph and you’ll have a special keepsake of every guest at your wedding.
20. Be sure to have your parents and married siblings first dances played at the reception- and make sure the DJ or band recognizes them when its played!
21. Rather than doing the money dance, do a “wish dance". The bride and groom start off dancing together, then guests cut in for 10-20 seconds of dancing and their chance to give you any last minute marriage advice and parting words.
22. Assign table numbers by age and accent the decor with pictures of you and fiancé from that time. For example…at table sixteen you could show pictures of your fiancé with his new car and you at your sweet 16 birthday party.
23. Be sure to have a kid oriented table. Lay down block paper for them to draw on, have them make you cards, serve hot dogs, chicken fingers, ice cream sundaes. Perhaps even have a side room for them with Disney movies playing or a magician for entertainment. Your guests will love you for getting the kids out of their hair for the night!
24. Wrap a “keep out” or “no trespassing” sign around your leg outside of the garter. Your groom will find a shocking surprise when he dives in and your guests will find it to be quite humorous!
25. Race through a tunnel of swords, ski poles, sparklers or boat oars for a different grand exit.
Remember that this wedding is about celebrating your love and inviting your family and friends to see a glimpse of who you are. Don’t be afraid to do things a little differently… your guests will appreciate and remember your day all the more for it!
|Music on the Strand's DJ Entertainment provides: fine entertainment for a Grand Strand Wedding, Music for wedding ceremonies on the Grand Strand, Party Hosts for a Grand Strand Wedding, Party Props for a wedding along the Grand Strand, Party Facilitators for a Grand Strand Wedding, MCs for a wedding on the Grand Strand, and your choice of a variety of full-time DJs for a Grand Strand Wedding.|
HOME, Site Map, Why Us, DJ Shopping, DJ/MCs, Dr. G's DJ Show, Pat Taylor, Joe Durivage, Tom Baldwin, Wally B, Paul Matthews, Conventions, Interactive Fun, Dance Routines, Party Games, Game Shows, Setting the Stage, Buffet Line, Lighting, Party Props, Myrtle Beach DJs, Weddings, Wedding Gateway, Wedding Questions, Wedding References, Wedding Music, Wedding Cost Comparisons, 3 Tiers of Wedding Entertainment, Wedding DJ, Wedding DJ/MC, Entertainment Direction, Wedding Articles, Theme Parties, Sock Hop, Luau, Disco, Holiday, Reunions, Party Store, Proms, Number 1, Prom Sound, Prom Music, Prom Lighting, Middle School, Team Building, Bar & Bat Mitzvahs, Pool Parties, Pool Activities, Poolside Entertainment, Pool Testimonies, Pool Party Pricing, Video, Blog, Music Database, Event Planners, Survey, Reservation, Links, Wedding Links, Resources, Pricing, Guarantee, Contact
Mixing Ability - North Myrtle Beach DJ, Lighting & Effects - Murrells Inlet DJ, Backup Disc Jockeys - Pawleys Island DJ, Backup Equipment - Georgetown DJ, Quality Sound - Charleston DJ, Experience - Conway DJ, Planning & Preparation - Florence DJ, Programming Judgement - Columbia DJ, Value - Calabash DJ, Musical Knowledge - Ocean Isle Beach DJ, Motivating Skills - Wilmington, DJ, Liability Insurance - Jacksonville, NC DJ, Staging Knowledge - Fayetteville DJ
|North and South Carolina: Andrews, Atlantic Beach, Aynor, Bald Head Island, Beaufort, Bennetsville, Bishopville, Briarcliffe Acres, Calabash, Camden, Cayce, Charleston, Charlotte, Cheraw, Chester, Columbia, Conway, Darlington, Dillon, Elizabethtown, Fayetteville, Florence, Forest Acres, Fort Mill, Garden City, Georgetown, Goose Creek, Green Sea, Hampstead, Hanahan, Hartsville, Hemingway, Hilton Head Island, Holden Beach, Hope Mills, Irmo, Isle of Palms, Jacksonville, Johnsonville, Kiawah Island, Kingstree, Lake City, Lake View, Lake Waccamaw, Lancaster, Laurinberg, Litchfiled, Little River, Longs, Loris, Lumberton, Manning, Marion, Maxton, Moncks Corner, Monroe, Mount Pleasant, Mt. Pleasant, Mullins, Murrells Inlet, Myrtle Beach, North Charleston, North Myrtle Beach, Ocean Isle Beach, Orangeburg, Pageland, Pawleys Island, Raleigh , Red Springs, Rock Hill, Shallotte, Southern Pines, Southport, Spring Lake, Summerville, Sumter, Supply, Surfside Beach, Tabor City, Wadesboro, Wallace, Walterboro, West Columbia, Whiteville, Wilmington, Wrightsville Beach|